Google

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Time Reverter

It had been raining for days.. we were hiding in the basement of our house, because we knew the attack was forthcoming… but there had been so much rain, that the concrete slab of the floor of the basement had broken into great chunks… some parts of it were actually ‘floating’ – a change of position would cause it to move unpredictably.

So we had gone to the end of the basement where the slab was still sturdy, and where there was a 2x4 framework of boards that had been used as a table and shelf. My three companions sat on top, and I crawled underneath... when they asked why I would do that, I pointed out that if the building were destroyed, they'd be crushed under the falling debris. At least, under there, I had a chance of survival. They decided to join me.

That’s when everything went crazy…

Later on, when the attack was over, we went exploring on the ground level. I was carrying a "focused time-reverter", which was a gun, that when pointed at a target, caused the molecules in the target range to slowly go backwards in time. As we emerged from the darkness and smoke of the rubble into daylight, I realized that myself and my companions were young again, but in the current day environment - probably as a result of the large-scale time-reverter assault. I think our youthful appearances must be what saved us, because I saw a young lady point her reverter at me and fire, immobilizing me for a moment.
If she had recognized us, we'd have been goners.

Anyhow, I then whipped mine up and started firing at her. It was a sloppy thing... My 'beam' was focused on her upper body, but not the lower, and I did not let go after a second like she had. A few moments later, she was destroyed. Having only a part of one's body crawling slowly backwards in time while the rest remained in the present stunned people... but if it happened for any length of time, it totally destroyed them.


Somewhere along about here… I woke up.

1 comment:

Arkansawyer said...

Someone has visited this story several times in recent days, and gone to the comments page without leaving any comments (I do check my visitor stats on a regular basis). I encourage anyone who is interested in my blog site or any stories contained therin to leave comments! This was one of those dreams where you wake up and have to write it down or it'll be forgotten forever... and so I did, and here it is. I could take it and run with it, I suppose, and write a full-fledged novel based on this "world" but so far haven't had the time.