Google

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Frogs playing in the snow

This past weekend, I found myself in Suburbia. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday I was in the suburban area north of Philadelphia PA. To my eyes, it's all one big city for many, many miles. Maybe not full of skyscrapers, but certainly full of homes, gas stations, and shopping centers.

When I was leaving, I drove northward and eventually the country got a little more rural, till I hit I-78 and started west toward home. The temps were nice, mornings cool, but afternoons getting warmer each day.

Yesterday, back home, finally, I heard frogs for the first time this year. In the morning, I walked outside my house and I could hear them, in the wet area here (taken less than a month ago):



In the afternoon, it got up into the upper 70s before rain showers moved in and cooled things off. It was nice hearing the birds singing, the frogs croaking, walking around in short sleeves and still being comfortable.

But tomorrow. Tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow we go from that to potentially 4 to 8 inches of accumulating snow. :nod: It must be March in Pennsylvania or something. They say the ground is warm enough that at first it won't stick, but that there'll be enough coming down so that a lot of it will stick, at least for a day or two.

No comments: