Google

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Spring has Sprung

This past week, it finally creeped up into the 60's and even on Friday as high as the 70's. Along about Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, I heard from my front porch the sound of frogs peeping and creaking.

I think spring has sprung, finally!

This first photo ... I stopped and had my son take it. It was nothing more than an attempt to capture the reddish hued buds on the trees .. a sure sign of impending springtime.



I went just a little farther down the road, and spotted this willow - the first true green that I've seen (not counting evergreens of course).



The farms around here have been tilling and spreading manure - and the air is ripe all around, but still... the weather's been beautiful and the fields are all turning green, except the ones that have been turned...



And after I took that shot, I looked back towards where I had come, and it seemed as if the sky were glowering over the church. No storms followed this sky, it was just a passing moment of the day.



For the first time since the fall, I was able to get the oil changed in our cars this afternoon, and a few other odds and ends of projects that needed to be done have at least been started. It's nice to be able to escape the confines of the indoors without having to wear a heavy jacket!

Only one problem with all of this......... Supposed to be back in the 40's by mid-week. Hopefully this too will pass quickly.

2 comments:

okiehillgirl said...

spring has sprung.
the grass has riz.
i wonder where the flowers is.

Arkansawyer said...

Spring is as spring does.

I have seen flowers... at least, daffodils and similar.. the fruit trees out back have buds, but no blossoms yet.

It'll be there soon....