Google

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Day at Knoebels

3/8/2007 Update: Over the past few months this has become the most visited post on my blog site... Due to a couple of images - primarily the cotton candy images. If you are interested in ordering a photo print of this or any other photos I have posted feel free to email me at arkansawyer@gmail.com with a subject of "Cotton Candy".

Original Post:

Okay... I am going to do something different. In Pennsylvania, we have an amusement park or 15... Hershey Park is nice, but expensive.. But there are other alternatives which are just as nice (in my humble opinion) yet do not break the bank.

Over time, I have taken quite a few photos at Knoebel's Grove Amusement Park, in the countryside near Elysburg, PA. Here's their link: http://www.knoebels.com/

I am going to do a "series"... That is, I have posted a number of Knoebel's Photos on another site... And I am going to display the photos here, just to give a day at the park, so to speak.

I am going to start out with Cotton Candy... This is one of the most interesting shots.. to me....














My daughter and I watched her making the cotton candy and was amazed when she pulled it out and it looked like this:

























While we're on the subject of foods... Hot Sausage, anyone?















And of course, when we go to an amusement park, we want to ride rides, right?


























Kid Coaster:



















The day was a little cool, so the park wasn't too crowded... My daughter and I decided to go up the sky lift....



















And this is what we saw, looking down....










A visit to Knoebel's wouldn't be complete without a visit to the chainsaw artist, back in the back of the park.

The Algaters:

























The Saw-Whet Owl:
























Toadstools:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice visual tour there Arkie. The roller coaster, however, looks a bit forbidding to me. Not a big fan. :)

Arkansawyer said...

Thanks! The wooden coaster, or the kiddie coaster? :)

Actually they have two wooden coasters... This one being the larger. I've ridden the smaller. It was enough.

TwoMedicineMan said...

I've added Knoebels to my Top 10 Things in Life To Do List. AAA Magazine also has raved about the quality and family appeal, as evidenced by these fine fotos. The only detractor is that the toadstools have an uncanny resemblance to something Mrs. Arkansawyer once fed us ...

Arkansawyer said...

apparently this site was hung up for awhile today... I had to republish... Anyhow... Knoebel's is a cool place to go...