Google

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Recent News

Things have been quiet here...

I've taken some new photos (how surprising, huh).

If you're interested, I'll share a couple or three. This one, for starts, cause I'm quite proud of it. Not that I planned it to look this way but darn it, even if I just pointed the camera and clicked... It DID turn out quite well, I thought.

Making Honey















This one, taken within minutes of that one... was hand-picked by my daughter. I had a couple of "pretty" butterfly shots, and this one was okay... But she liked the quiet beauty this one had over the showy beauty of the monarch, so this is my pick of the day.

Hanging On


























And, the last one from that park... An American Lotus. The seedpod looks almost artificial.

American Lotus














And... two more before I go. These two were taken in my back yard. Comments are always welcome.





















Giant

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mom & I were wondering what that 2nd to last flower was. -Redeyedpig

Arkansawyer said...

I was wondering if anyone would ask about that. hmmm... next question is, will I answer?

anne said...

I agree with your daughter on the simple beauty of the second photo. And the sunflower! Glorious.

I was just taking some time to wander back through your posts and came across the pictures from Knobles. Ah, Knobles...ever since I was a child it has always been my park of preference. It's the trees.

Arkansawyer said...

Anne,

Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to look around... and to comment. :-)

Knoebels is an awesome place to go spend a day without bankrupting yourself! The trees, the covered bridges, the sounds...

-- And to my niece... the 2nd to last 'flower' is grass. That is to say, I think it's something like Johnson Grass that has gone to seed.

James

Anonymous said...

Whatever it is, it looks like something out of a Scifi movie. Alien pod? By the way I got a new camrea and still can't take photos as nice as yours. I guess I'm just not as good at it. -redeyedpig