Google

Thursday, September 22, 2005

My Morning

So, the first alarm went off this morning. Mom goes and gets the son ready for school. Later on, the second alarm goes off, and I sleepily punch it and drift back to sleep. Somewhere in the subconscious, I must have heard some discussion about the bus not coming, or him missing it, because I started to dream, even as he waited and waited for a bus that would not appear………

In my dream, Mom yells at him, “It’s time for the bus – what are you doing?”, when he comes back inside after being out for a few minutes. He yells back, “I’ll just be a minute…” Meanwhile… I hear the bus pull up, glance into the kitchen, and there he is, taking toast out of the toaster and buttering it. I step out the door to wave down the bus, but the driver is pulling away…

Next thing I know, he is there, standing right next to the steps, actually, in the flower bed between the steps and sidewalk. And, I am upset. I started to yell at him. He knows better than to go back inside this late!!!!

But, when I barked at him, he jumped. Literally, he jumped. My words, or my expression, must have scared the dickens out of him. I did a double-take, for he was now standing on the sidewalk, nekkid, his clothing a pile of rumpled cloth where he had been standing just a moment before. So now, of course, I had to also fuss at him for being nekkid in the yard.

Then I woke up. And the bus had not come. So, I hopped in the shower, and started driving like crazy for town. As I get into town, five minutes to go till start time of classes, the neighbor, driving in front of me, pulls to the edge of the road, and I pull up next to her, and she says, school is on a two hour delay.

So I drove like crazy all the way back home, dumped him off, and headed for work. I got here ten minutes late, but… well, it could have been worse. At least, the boss didn’t bark at me, causing me to jump out of my clothes. Boy, that would have been embarrassing.

No comments: