Google

Thursday, December 01, 2005

High Speeds

Look out!! I may be uploading more pics and if I don't post them here, maybe I'll post a link to them! I (finally) got high speed internet hooked up.

The phone company offered a deal, packaged with our satellite provider, and the discount on Dish Network, plus dropping the second phone line, and bundling some service that were seperate before, we couldn't afford not to upgrade. Umm.... welll......... okay, then, I suppose we could have afforded not to. Rather well.

But.... Now we have combined three formerly seperate bills into one, even if slightly higher one, and have joined the world of high speed internet! Whoo hooo....

First things first... the son wants the latest updates and patches to Star Wars Battlefront, and it is downloading slowly (I think) but compared to dial up, it ain't so bad.

Web pages sure do open a heck of a lot faster!!! Including this one. And now maybe I can get more of those really cool music downloads from The Electric Key Orchestra (visit www.theelectrickeyorchestra.com). My son, the musician, thought that the one-man ability to play so many instruments (through his synthesizer) was pretty darn neat! A thanks to the owner of the website!

I haven't posted much the last few days. Left work an hour late today, and it's just been one of those kinda weeks. I will try to do better in the future.

Later.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well welcome to the 21st Century my friend. Life without “dial-up” will never be the same. I’m a big Battlefield 1942 player and fan myself - but then you have to consider my age.

By the way – thanks for the website plug and I am glad your son’s curiosity was tweaked by the synthesizer capabilities.

Oh yea….and what was that closing remark about working late and it being one of those kind of weeks? I have worked a whole lot with system analysts – I know what they do! Ha..Ha..

Arkansawyer said...

Gee... I could have sworn I replied to this earlier, but I don't see my comments now!

As for the "systems analyst" thing. I started out in the Air Force working with Unisys Mainframes, and it's been great. I love the job - just wish they had more of em in Arkansas. "Analyst" is my title, but we do a bit of everything, and I am a Jack of all trades! From OS2200 administration (Unisys aka Univac aka Sperry depending on how far back you go), to Unix and Windows admin, troubleshooting, even some network stuff thrown into the pot for fun now and then......