Google

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Cold Weather

So last week I started developing a cold. The weather was kinda nice, a little warm. But by the end of the week, I was sneezing, fit to be tied. Another guy who works here tossed a box of benadryl capsules over the partition, and I took one, and survived the day. Friday, I was a little better, but not so's you'd notice.

By Saturday I was on the uphill swing. It was in the 70's Saturday, and I sat out on the back porch, my feet propped up on a table, in my short sleeve shirt, soaking up the sunlight, working on some leftover work-work (not home-work or, I mean, not 'around-the-house work' but really work-related work (yes, I do occasionally do something while at work, and on occasions have been known to bring it home, too)).

Saturday night it cooled a little, might have even showered (I've slept since then) but Monday was another beautiful day. Monday night it rained, and yesterday was overcast, a bit, and chilly, in the 40's, and I took a picture on the way home (refer to the prior post). And last night... last night, or rather, this morning, it snowed. It was only a dusting, but still... snow, none-the-less.

And so I sit here, typing away, my throat is already feeling scratchy again from this latest round of changes to the weather patterns... I feel the head beginning to clog. Sooner or later, I am sure, I will end up having to share a sneeze with those around me (yes, I know how to cover). On the positive side, in amongst the dusting of snowflakes in the flowerbed this morning, was a crocus, just beginning to open up. Won't be long now, I am hoping, till warm weather is here to stay.

This "cold" weather stinks, whether it's 30's outside, or 80's... I am ready for some sense of stability and a few less sneezes and sniffles and scratchy throats. Luckily, for me, someone replenished the office candy jar this morning - and dumped in some sweet tarts. There are those of us who think that is the bestest medicine. If you gotta take pills, make em pink, purple, green, and yellow. (just gotta green, yellow, and pink, in that order).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, from one ‘tarter’ to another ‘tarter’…..

I have been sampling the little round ones called “chewies” lately. They are pretty good. Although I have to admit I don’t ‘chewy’ them – I suck them to death cause they last longer that way.

Weather been a bit crazy here also as you are familiar with I am sure. It was 85 one day and in the high forties two days later. Suppose to be 70 today and highs in the forties again by the weekend.

Hope you are able to stave off your disease and Willie Wonka says “Hi”! :) :)

Arkansawyer said...

Today, the disease is not present, but tomorrow, it'll probably be back! It's that time of year where everything is changing...... Twas in the 40's here according to the bank clock in town today on my way home from work. But, it was a pretty day anyhow.

We haven't hit the 80's yet (I think) but have had 70s a time or two (this January was the 4th warmest January in central Pennsylvania since weather's been recorded here). Of course, it's not too late for one of those late nor'easter's to blow through and dump about 3 feet of snow.