Google

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Soaking my sole

Well, I AM from Arkansas.

I don't know if that's a good excuse or not, though.

Sunday we decided to go for a walk. Of course, I was stubborn and went barefooted. Those gravel roads back home never bothered me much, and every summer when we've gone back (prior to this year because of fund issues) I still walk down them in bare feet. The rocks and gravel don't bother me much.

So they just paved our road a month or two ago. Nice smooth asphalt. No gravel to speak of. Should be a breeze, right? Sure thing. No rocks to poke me not that it ever bothered me much anyways.

But there is one thing. Sunday was a nice cool day, mid-70's. Very cool compared to a week or so ago. Blue skies - the weather was awesome. Perfect day for a walk. So we went walking. My daughter came along behind, on roller skates, and wanted Daddy to help her up the hill.

So I went back... Stood there awhile ignoring the burning sensation till she reached me, then we went on up the hill. Finally, we started back down. By that point, she was barefooted, too, but had the good sense to walk on the freshly painted white lines, as they were (really!) much cooler than the black asphalt.

When we got home, I turned my foot up... that burning sensation? Let's just say Monday was darn uncomfortable with these blisters on the soles of my feet. Sunday night, Monday night, and again, right now, as I type, my feet have been soaking in salt water. By this morning, though, most of the soreness was gone. The only reason I soaked tonight is simply because the blisters still ARE there, even if they're not hurting. I figured the salt-water would help heal them quicker.

So then that led to another conversation today, where I said,
"I soaked my sore soles in warm, salty water till they felt better."

And my brain which tends to tangent sometimes (is that a verb?) automatically took that to the next level...

"I soaked my sore soul in warm, salty water till it felt better." That's almost a poetic way to say I healed my wounded soul by crying my heart out, huh? Well, crying didn't help. Much.

But this warm salt water is now getting cold, and it's after my bedtime anyways... So now that my rambly is done, I am gonna shut this thing down, dump my water, and head to the hay.

Good night, John Boy, Sue Ellen, Ma, Pa, Grandma, Grandpa, Ben, and whoever else I might have missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should really know better then to walk on pavement barefoot! Even I wouldn't do that. Blonde moment?
-Red Eyed Pig :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the advice... but doesn't do me no good now does it? Where were you when I needed this wisdom, anyway?