Google

Monday, October 23, 2006

Andersonburg (aka Painting 3...)

This is another excellent painting based on one of my photographs, as done by Karen "Buble" on DeviantArt.com.

The story behind the original image is that my son and I went camping one weekend in August, and as we were driving through rural western Perry County, Pennsylvania, I did a double-take, and turned around and went back and took this photo.

It inspires me to write something about it, but I haven't yet found the time or the words to do so. But I loved the colors and the potential behind this jewel of a building. There are so many details here - at some point this place was someone's dream.... And now, it's all grown up and seemingly abandoned. Much like the Whistle Stop Cafe in a certain movie set in the south....



When Karen stumbled upon my DeviantArt gallery she commented that she'd like to paint something that I have taken a picture of. I gave her free reign to paint anything that inspires her. So far, she's done a couple of pretty good photomanipulations... But where she really shines is with the paintbrush.

Here's her latest work influenced by my photography! Enjoy.

A big thank you to Karen at http://buble.deviantart.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so wonderful how she captures the realness of your pics in her paintings. I love every one that you have posted! I wouldn't mind having one of them hanging in my livingroom for everyone to see.
-redeyedpig

Anonymous said...

She does such a fantastic job. I also would love to have one; of the water or fall color pictures though

Arkansawyer said...

Thanks! And yes, she does do an awesome job!!! She lives in Holland though... Not sure what a painting like that would cost you (or me). :)