Google

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sycamore

A couple of weeks ago, another DeviantArt member stumbled across my gallery there and commented that she'd like to paint something of mine. I was flattered, and suggested that perhaps she might paint "Heaven's Light". The results of that conversation were highlighted in the journal entry referenced at the bottom of this one. She did an awesome job of translating "Heaven's Light" into a painting.

But today, Karen "Buble" posted another of my photos as a painting. My original photo was okay, but this painting is MUCH better than the photo, and I think you'll agree!!!



Here is Karen's rendition. Check it out. A big thank you to Karen at http://buble.deviantart.com



The other painting, referenced above, may be viewed here: http://arkansawyer.blogspot.com/2006/09/heavens-light.html

5 comments:

TwoMedicineMan said...

This proves the point, my dear sir, that your work touches and inspires us all in different ways. As a tree-hugger, I especially enjoy your perspective on the world about you!

Arkansawyer said...

Thanks! I do appreciate the sentiment. :)

Funny thing is, people like her are the artist. And mother nature. All I do is point the camera thingamajig at it and hit the button thingy and then upload them so you can see what Mom Nature did.

Anonymous said...

Your photo made a great subject and Karen did an excellent job on her painting.

Betty said...

If I could paint like that, I would never have put away my brushes. Beautiful.

Arkansawyer said...

No doubt she is an awesome artist... Keep watching - I have one more to put up.... :)