Google

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Finally Friday

So, you say it's Thursday, huh?

My work week has been a little strange though. It all began October 24. That is, Monday. I worked my "40 hour week" and then went on call, Friday, October 28. That evening, at work, we had a system "crash" (computer system, that is) and although I didn't have to come in, I spent several hours online and on the phone with various people in determining cause and so on.

Then, Saturday, of course the phone was ringing - following up to the original problem, new problems, etc. Saturday night, I napped for a little while, then headed into work at about one a.m. for some changes and things that were happening. I got back home at six a.m. Sunday morning - that is to say, seven hours after midnight (fall-back, you know), and napped for a while again, before getting up and doing stuff around the house.

So, I got up Monday and went to work without a real weekend, and did my next four days, more or less normal. Friday, I took off during the day, but headed to Philadelphia for a work-trip Friday night. I left Harrisburg around 10 and got to the motel about midnight. To sleep by one and up and at em by 6a.m.

I worked all day, took a break for dinner, and worked again till 11:30 or so, then back to the motel by midnight, asleep by one, and started over again Sunday. I left there around noontime or a little after on Sunday, and back home again.

Monday, i got up and headed to work, and it's been a "normal" week since then. But, now it's November 10, and I haven't really had a "weekend" since before October 24. Tomorrow is Veteran's Day, so this is my "Friday". And this weekend, is a 3-day weekend. Hopefully, not too many on-call things happening (considering I am not on-call).

I am ready for a break, believe it or not......... I am tired enough to sit here and ramble about this stuff and no doubt you're tired, too, and snoring by now, from sheer boredom. But, I guess, it's the only thing going on right now, so it's what I'll report on.

So, have a nice weekend all!
Me

No comments: