Google

Monday, October 31, 2005

Falling

Another from my file folder... written a couple of years ago:

Today as I was driving into work…

I looked around…
The leaves are beginning to change colors…
The wind and the rain from last night
Forced many of the leaves to abandon their grips on the trees.

Now, for the first time…
Fall is real.. fall is here…

Driving down the country roads…
Colors beginning to abound…
Blankets of leaves everywhere….

Wind blowing leaves here and there….
The feeling of magic
Begins to well up inside…
My pulse quickens…

It’s a great day to be alive…
A little chill in the morning air…
Afternoons a little warmer…

Summer is not quite gone…
But it is fading fast…
Winter’s not upon us yet…

We’re in that time of year
Where all is calm…
All is quiet…

The leaves falling…
Wind blowing them past me…
Life is good…

Especially with you here…

No comments: