Google

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Nameless

If I were just a grain of sand on a far distant beach, would you recognize me?

Or would you walk across the beach, the warm bits of sand burning your toes, and never even realize I was there?

Would you just breathe in the salty spray of the air, enjoying the sound of gulls crying out, and waves rolling into the shore, and then walk on to another place and time?

If I were less than a total stranger, a soul whose existence you never suspected, and then you saw me one day, what would you think?

Would I be some other nameless face in the crowd?

Would you look at me with your eyes, but not see me with your heart, and in the next moment be gone forever?

Or would you look deep into my eyes, inside my heart and soul, and somehow be able to show me some reflection of "me" that exists deep inside... a "me" that I couldn't have seen alone?

No comments: