Google

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Life


Okay nothing deep, today.

For a few weeks, work was/has been very hectic. The past couple of days, more or less, "normal". As in, not too busy but not completely idle, either. I've had the time to write, but, not the heart.

My daughter's 8th birthday was Sunday, and she's been after me for weeks to take her fishing, so Sunday morning we got up, catching nothing, but having fun. I snapped some posed shots, then we fished along the bank of the creek for a while... and moved on... climbing over a log. After I turned back, I noticed she had stopped on the log to rest, and I snapped this one. She was, a little, annoyed with me for it, but it turned out to be the best picture of her I took Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good photo....

Do I detect a measure of artistic graphic enhancement present here?

Arkansawyer said...

A bit... =) I have been playing with Picasa (from Google).. It's a freeware photo album/organizer/editor... Considering the price tag, it has a ton of features to help you clean up pictures or modify them in some way, that normally you'd need to pay a hefty price for. And, it's relatively easy to learn. The "Album" part of it is comparable to Adobe Album, but the tools are better.

One thing I've learned to like is the light/dark adjustments. It's a sliding scale... There are pictures, either from digital or scanned from film pictures, that you can slide the light up a little and make out a ton of details/colors you'd never even realize was there (normally buried in darkness).

Anyhow..... in this case, I did a "Soft Focus" with her in the center.