Google

Monday, May 08, 2006

Scout Trip

This past weekend, my son's Boy Scout troop had a parent-son campout, in Tioga County PA. On Saturday, we woke up to a drizzly, gray morning. But, by afternoon, it had cleared off enough to go fishing. We (the group) didn't catch many, and none were kept, but as we were leaving, someone noticed this in the gravel at the edge of the parking area (if you can't see anything, try clicking on the picture to make it a little larger in your browser):


On Sunday, after we broke camp, my son and I parted ways with the rest of the Scouters, and headed for the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania. There, on Turkey Path Trail, which winds it's way about a mile down to the bottom of the canyon, I took the following photos. (Okay, first one was taken by some other visitors to the park, using my camera).

There were actually three sets of falls, but for now, I'll just post a couple of shots of this one.

 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those appear to be Kildeer eggs...

Here is a link to a photo for comparison:

http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/viewsingleimage.html?mode=singleimage&handle=kavamama&number=7&album_id=4&thumbstart=0&gallery=

Looked like a fun outing.

Arkansawyer said...

We had a great time. I actually have more than a dozen good pics, but ... I have been heavy on photos lately, and light on editorial, so I didn't want to overdo it... =)

The eggs were pretty cool. I have a closer-up shot of them (similar to the shot on your link) but ... I figured I'd post this one instead and make people work to figure out what, besides the gravel, I was trying to show.