Google

Friday, June 16, 2006

Not to beat a dead horse, but....

At lunchtime today, I took a short cut (my kids will tell you that my definition of a shortcut is the longest possible distance between points A and B, but it simply isn't true). Anyhow, on this back road, I happened to spot another one of those road signs, and this time, I took a picture (refer to a previous post about Speed Limit signs and signs like this).

Now... I promise that there was nothing in front of this sign for at least 50 ft. So the question is, who the heck sold the idea of putting up a sign in the middle of nowhere that says what this one does? In fact, now that I think about it, there aren't a ton of these "road narrows" signs around here, but every one that IS here, says an oddball number. In this case, maybe the sign should have been moved 30 feet forward, and had a nice round 500 feet. But who am I to complain? I just sit back, the fly on the wall, and observe the world around me.

  Posted by Picasa

No comments: