Google

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Ostrich Flowers

Maybe someone can enlighten me, but I have no idea what type of flowers these are. From a distance, when I was driving by, they looked like very largish tulips. I wanted to get a picture to ask someone what they are, but no one knows.

I saw this... but didn't say it... till someone else did. But, they look like Ostriches, sticking their heads up... I saw that, but thought it was just me, till I heard someone else say the same thing, so I guess that's what I'll call them till you educate me otherwise.

 
  Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Arkansawyer said...

Thanks... I saw some more of these last evening that were almost red in color.....

I'll check the links out!

Arkansawyer said...

If only I had been a member of the photo forum last month, and had the strawberry picture sitting there ready - I coulda gave someone a run for their money on the food contest! Thanks again for the link.

Arkansawyer said...

Thanks! And armed with that knowledge, I have found a link that has a very similar specimin to my post.

http://www.gardenplans.com/48torchlily.html